Blogs

Gary Breder
Just as companies have begun to gear up their digital transformations, CIOs and IT professionals have been tracking the arrival of the Internet of Things (IoT) with a combination of excitement and dread. Gartner forecasts there will be 8.4 billion connected “things” in use worldwide by the end this year, with that number growing to 20.4 billion by… (Show more)
in Gary Breder's Blog
Hu Yoshida
VMware Partner Leadership Summit 2017 which took place last month, concluded with awards ceremonies recognizing exemplary achievements in the VMware Partner ecosystem. Hitachi was singled out as the Innovation OEM partner, globally and in EMEA. The two awards recognise Hitachi's accomplishments in 2016, including unprecedented year-over-year… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Dinesh Singh
Today I complete three years at HDS. Sharing my experience for anyone out there considering their next career move or stepping into the corporate world after a University education.   It feels like yesterday, when I got my HDS badge and was shown my office space and introduced with coworkers. A newcomer to high-tech marketing, full of excitement… (Show more)
in Dinesh Singh's Blog
Peter Gerr (Pete)
Increasingly, over the past few decades, enterprises have been forced to address the new reality of the digital era: either wait for an upstart innovator to disrupt your industry and your business, or take on the role of disruptor before your market share erodes and new opportunities are blocked; or worse (Blockbuster? Sears? Macy's?).  As a… (Show more)
in Pete Gerr's Blog
Paul Lewis
The case for IT standardization was simple: eliminate the complexity of IT operations, and ease the activity of IT management.   And it worked.   For decades the IT team only had one brand or product to buy or implement, one process to follow, one set of SLA’s to guarantee and one set of controls to which they had to comply. Oh, it was a simpler… (Show more)
in Paul Lewis's Blog
Paula Phipps
In a 2016 Forbes Global Survey of Top Executives, most respondents identified the top driver for Digital Transformation as business models (41%) and an extremely close second were new technologies (40%).  This tells me it takes both of these for a business to transform. SAP HANA is one of the new technologies which will underpin your digital… (Show more)
in Paula Phipps' Blog
Hu Yoshida
Twenty five years ago when I returned to California after living in Japan, I was able to realize my dream of building my own custom home. At that time home builders in California were buying up farmland and throwing up houses as fast as they could. I wanted something different. Something with the quality and attention to detail that I was used to… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Steven Burns
There are a number of white papers available to assist you with protecting the data in your Oracle environments. For reference here are links to collaterals documenting solutions for protecting Oracle environments. Since Data Protection principles apply primarily to storage, the same principles can be applied to both Compute Blade as well as Rack… (Show more)
in Oracle
Hu Yoshida
  Recently FINRA fined an investment firm $17m for inadequate investigation of anti-money laundering “red flags”, during a period 2006 to 2014 when they had significant growth in their business. Their successful growth was not accompanied by the growth in systems to assure compliance. They had patch work solutions for large volumes of data… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Jigisha Patel
Hitachi Xaas Foundation for Oracle Databases, powered by Oracle VM and Oracle Linux Validated Configurations provide and application-ready, high performance and resilient cloud platform for easier, faster, and lower-cost deployment of Oracle Database and applications in your enterprise.   Oracle VM and Oracle Linux Validated Configuration program… (Show more)
in Oracle
Hu Yoshida
Digital transformation is the transformation of business activities and processes that fully leverage the capabilities and opportunities of new digital technologies. There are many cases of companies who have adopted new technologies but have not transformed their business process or business model to fully leverage the technology. An example is a… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Gary Breder
Reinventing Enterprise Application Development  Containers are the latest shiny objects in IT. They got their start as a better, easier, faster way to create “born on the web” applications, and quickly spread throughout the developer community. Now CIOs are starting to take notice. The reason? Containers not only speed the development of new… (Show more)
in Gary Breder's Blog
Neil Lewis
You’ll recall from my last blog I volunteered for to give a presentation to an organisation in London and I found myself having signed up to deliver an evening lecture to the Institute of Engineering and Technology on the subject of cloud. I had managed to pull some material together and coerce a colleague into sharing some of the load by applying… (Show more)
in VMware
Load more items