Blogs

Rich Vining
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation goes into effect on 25 May 2018 and will affect every organization, anywhere in the world, that collects, processes or retains any “personally identifiable information, or PII” of European Union citizens.   This new regulation is a really big deal, perhaps with a bigger impact on U.S.… (Show more)
in Rich Vining's Blog
Hu Yoshida
Digital transformation is a journey that will continue to evolve over time. During this time there will be exponential changes in technologies, an even greater explosion in information, and new business models that will need to be integrated into this transformation in order for it to be sustainable. The platforms we choose for transformation must… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Shane Archiquette
Telecoms need faster wireless and mobile broadband will provide real-time networking to more enriched services and increase the Quality of Experience of the user. The services such as high quality video for entertainment, infused/blended social media interactivity, IoE correlation services, augmented reality, connected cars, enriched services… (Show more)
in shane archiquette's Blog
Kendra Walsh
Given the pace at which digital innovation is disrupting industries globally, it’s not surprising that most organizations feel pressure to find and deploy digital technologies as fast as possible. Their customers expect it. You can bet their competitors are exploiting it. The good news for our clients? Hitachi is an expert in it.   Every day, we… (Show more)
in Hitachi Customer Voices
Hu Yoshida
I have been out sick for the last two weeks due to a stomach bug. Never missed as much work before in my life. It was so bad I went to acute care twice for an IV. During this time between bouts of fitful sleep and trips to the bathroom, I listened to the TV news which was even more depressing with escalating nuclear threats, opioid explosion,… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Rich Vining
15 August 2017   The GDPR goes into effect on 25 May 2018 and will affect every organization, anywhere in the world, that collects, processes or retains any “personally identifiable information, or PII” of European Union citizens. Recent news on GDPR:   CNBC: Uber agrees to 20 years of privacy audits after FTC says it 'failed consumers' More… (Show more)
in Rich Vining's Blog
Dinesh Singh
So, you registered for VMworld, booked your hotel, and now thinking how to maximize the outcome from the mecca of virtualization. Let me help you.                     Head straight to booth #1231 , where Team Hitachi will be available to help you transform your data center with proven, market-leading IT solutions. We at Hitachi understand… (Show more)
in Dinesh Singh's Blog
Steve Garone
Time marches on . . . and so does the cloud. According to a recent IDC report, IT customers are increasingly becoming “cloud first”.  Nothing surprising here, of course, but there are many ways to get to the cloud.   For those customers who want to take advantage of the agility and economic benefits the cloud can often deliver, looking to cloud… (Show more)
Amol Bhoite
Business Problem Statement In today’s fast-paced world, organizations that depend on technology to drive business innovation are intensifying the pressure on IT to deliver services faster and more cost-effectively than ever before. IT spends lot of their time and resources evaluating and installing increasingly disparate hardware components. To… (Show more)
in Oracle
Brianne Yoshimoto
It seems that everything we do today begins and ends with data. And, we’re all in it together.  Let me share one of my favorite examples of a company who has made great strides transforming its business with data.   Who doesn’t want to have fun on the job? For one successful company, fun is the job.   Canadian-based Spin Master is in the… (Show more)
Kendra Walsh
Building awareness is one of the most important things you can do to promote your company and demonstrate success. When you do, it’s important to convey a sense of who the company is and why it’s unique. But, you also want the company to be seen by the right people in the right environment.   At Hitachi, we created our Customer Advocacy program… (Show more)
Rich Vining
The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) goes into effect on 25 May 2018 and will affect every organization, anywhere in the world, that collects, processes or retains any “personally identifiable information, or PII” of European Union citizens. Recent news on GDPR:   DatacenterDynamics: Cloud demand to override Brexit… (Show more)
in Rich Vining's Blog
Angela MaGill
The video footage of the JFK Assassination dramatically shaped the news in our country and continues to have an impact on how we view world events today.    Ron Rosenbaum writing for Smithsonian.com states, “It’s been called  the most important 26 seconds of film in history: The 486 frames of 8-millimeter Bell + Howell home movie footage shot… (Show more)
in Angela MaGill's Blog
Load more items