Blogs

Peter Gerr (Pete)
If you run your business on Oracle Database, for example, you want the highest performance, uncompromising availability and the lowest TCO you can get to achieve your business goals. But do your data protection requirements still align with your data growth, service level agreements or commitment to an "always on" business@@?   Data is the single… (Show more)
in Pete Gerr's Blog
Hu Yoshida
This past week I visited several customers in different business verticals. One was an energy and power company, another was an insurance company and the others were in media and entertainment. A common theme in all these meetings was digital transformation and the disruption it is causing in all these sectors. The disruption was not so much about… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Paula Phipps
DockerCon 17 was held in Austin last week just as Docker turned four last month. At the conference, it was evident that Docker is “all in” not only with next gen technology and tools for Devs, but with a greater affinity for the Ops half of the DevOps community. There was an emphasis on security, logging and metrics, scalability, resiliency,… (Show more)
in Paula Phipps' Blog
Shane Archiquette
Technology is at the center stage of the National Association of Broadcasters 2017 exhibition which is being held in Las Vegas, NV from April 22 - 27, 2017 and is the premier global trade show for all things media and entertainment. Some of the key themes are AR/VR, Media IoT, Mobile entertainment, digital transformation for media, and content… (Show more)
in shane archiquette's Blog
Shane Archiquette
In the final post on Digital Transformation for Communications, Media & Entertainment, the focus will culminate on the fusion of Media (content creation) Entertainment (content and sensory experience), Communications (content delivery and consumption).   Media creation through broadcast, episodic, news, sports, and cinematic content generate the… (Show more)
Shane Archiquette
Now that Telecom and Media digital transformation have been reviewed and discussed in the previous two parts, the third will cover how digital transformation is converging both industries together in to a single entity that spans the full range of content creation and origination to distribution and everything in between.    From the inception… (Show more)
Hu Yoshida
  “The year of the Rooster teaches the lessons of order, scrutiny and strategic planning.”   Every year at this time I along with many other bloggers try to identify the coming trends for the following year. While there are many analysts like IDC and Forrester who provide predictions that go out to 2020 and beyond. I only identify IT trends that… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Lynn McLean
If there is one thing that is constant in the IT world, it is change.  I learned early in my career, that helping people navigate change in their environment, driven primarily by technology, was a critical key to success.   My first experience with major change in the work environment occurred when I was a junior officer in the US Navy and a… (Show more)
in Lynn McLean's Blog
Hu Yoshida
In the past I have blogged about Fintech companies that are disrupting the financial markets, by offering banking services with more consumer efficiency, lower costs, and greater speed than traditional financial companies. Fintechs have been a catalyst for traditional banks to search for solutions to automate their services in order to compete. In… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Jigisha Patel
This Hitachi cloud solution for Oracle provides flexibility to deploy storage and compute resources based on your unique business requirements. This cloud solution features simple provisioning, chargeback/showback, and a centralized user interface using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Cloud Control 13c. Cloud Foundation provides reliability, high… (Show more)
in Oracle
Barbara Goetz
42! The answer to life, universe and EVERYTHING! If only everything would be as easy...   IoT, Industrie 4.0, Predictive Maintenance and the use of data in different areas of industry is a big topic nowadays.   In our new webinar series The Hitchhikers Guide to IoT we aim to give you insights into the world of IoT and how Hitachi can help to … (Show more)
in Internet of Things
Bob Madaio
Lately, there’s been a certain look that IT vendor employees give each other when someone nervously jokes about how profoundly and rapidly IT is changing. It’s a look that’s necessary, because we don’t have the time or words to quickly encapsulate the massive opportunities, challenges and change we are seeing around us.   This feeling is… (Show more)
in Bob Madaio's Blog
Hu Yoshida
The Hitachi Data Systems’ object based storage (OBS) solution HCP (Hitachi Content Platform) has earned another analyst assessment as a leader in the Object Based Storage (OBS) Market. In addition to being named a leader in IDC’s MarketScape: Worldwide Object-Based Storage 2016 Vendor Assessment and Gartner’s 2016 Critical Capabilities For Object… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Load more items