Digital badges from Hitachi Vantara allow you to share your achievements or contributions and communicate about your skills and abilities. They provide a convenient yet formal and official means of authenticating your professional accomplishments, such as earning a credential.
Digital badges are images that can be shared on any digital platform: they can be posted on social media, sent in email signatures, or included in digital documents. Clicking on a badge displays verified information, which typically includes:
- The identification of the issuer – which organization issued and granted the badge.
- The validity dates – when the badge was earned and its validity period.
- What has been validated – knowledge, skills, accomplishments, and so forth.
- The criteria to be met – how is the badge obtained.
Credential badges from Hitachi Vantara are awarded to candidates who have successfully passed a Hitachi Vantara qualification test or certification exam. They are linked to the credential earned and remain valid for as long as the credential is valid (three years).
The badges have different backgrounds: gold for certification and silver for qualification. They feature a colored banner identifying the track and level and include information about the product or solution covered. The date at the bottom of each badge will be updated yearly to reflect the current year. Clicking on the badge will show detailed information, including the issuing and validity dates.
How Do I Access My Credential Badge(s)?
The credential badges are managed through CertMetrics, the Hitachi Vantara credential management system. Please note that only people who passed a Hitachi Vantara (formerly Hitachi Data Systems) qualification test or certification exam have an account in CertMetrics.
To get your badge:
- Log into your CertMetrics account at https://www.certmetrics.com/hitachi.
- On the top menu bar click on BADGES.
To activate your badge(s):
- Click on Badging Settings.
- Checkmark the Enable button.
- Enter your email address and click Update/Confirm.
The Active Badges section shows the badge(s) you have earned.
Clicking on a badge opens its detailed information window, with links to social media platforms that you can use to share your badge.
How Do I Extract A Badge?
To get a copy of a badge that includes its link, for instance for adding to an email signature:
- Click the Email Signature link at the top left, under the main menu bar.
- Under Create Email Signature, select a badge.
- Under Signature Preview, select the badge (logo) size.
- Enter your email address, and click the Email My Signature button.
An email will be sent, including the badge and instructions on how to create an email signature with it.
Regardless of the email signature instructions, the badge can be copied from that email and pasted into any application. It will retain its URL, so when shared with someone the recipient will be able to click on it and see all the details.
If you have any questions, contact us at: Certifications@HitachiVantara.com.
Or, learn more about our certification program at: