Object Access Control List (ACL)
Simple per object access permissions managed by HCP. Lets HCP arbitrate user and group access to HCP objects.
Aligned with other “Cloud” ACLs: Amazon S3, Google.
- Safe Private and Public Cloud storage platform
- Enable safe sharing between disparate individuals and groups
- Support light-weight “Cloud”-style applications
- Securely bring legacy application data to your Cloud
- Simple, “Cloud”-compatible, RWD ACLs on each HCP object for users and groups
- Object authorization managed by HCP, unburdening the application
- Compatible with Active Directory for User and Group lookup
- Amazon S3-style built-in groups: “Public” and “Authenticated”
- Define default object ACL and overrides at Tenant and Namespace level
Can ACLs be used to grant temporary anonymous access to a single object?
Yes! Object ACL Example