HAD has the pre-defined canned service, and one of canned service is "Allocate Volumes and Add to Oracle Database for Windows" service.
This service has the capability of smart storage provisioning and expand capacity to Oralce ASM disk group.
Function summary of this service is following.
1. Pre-Check Oracle RAC
- Check the status of each Oralce RAC node.
2. Create volumes (Smart provisioning)
- Create volume from HDP/HDT pool and allocate it to a specified host. A pool is automatically selected by Smart Provisioning logic.
3. Allocate the volumes to Oracle RAC
- Allocate volume to Oracle RAC. Path is automaticaly selected by Smart Provisioning logic.
4. Add the volumes to ASM disk group
- Configure allocated disks on each RAC node, format the disks, change the ownership and them to ASM disk group.
Here, we have following sample movie. And this movie show how to use "Allocate Volumes and Add to Oracle Database for Windows" service.
- Allocate Volumes and Add to Oracle Database for Windows: Sample Movie