The News page is the best place to explore the full range of what's happening in your community.
Use the following tips and tricks to get the most out of the News page:
- The Announcements banner shows critical headlines selected by your community manager. Just click on a headline or Show Details to see the full article.
- Any streams shown to the right of the News stream are streams curated just for you by your community manager to keep you up to date on the most important community activity. You can't delete or edit these streams like you can your custom streams.
- Your Following stream is a built-in stream where you may already be automatically following some people. You can add to your Following stream any people, places, or content that you're interested in. If you don't want to think about how to set up custom streams, Following is an easy way to mark any and all activity you want to check into later.
- Create a New Stream to focus on specific content, places, or people that matter most to you.
- Look at the All Activity: Top & Trending stream for the most valuable and interesting community activity. You'll see content and people that are generating a lot of Likes and comments. Or, check out the All Activity: Most Recent stream to see all public activity in your community that you have permission to see. Both of these streams can be useful for adding new people and content to your custom streams.
- Click the pin icon from any of your streams to make it the landing page whenever you click Home in the main navigation.
To learn more about the News page, be sure to read the Using News section.