Here's a quick guide for learning how to find stuff you need.
You can make use of the following ways to keep track of, and find, everything that's important to you. And remember, as you develop behavior patterns in the community, the HDS Community will recommend relevant content, people, and places based on your activity.
For more searching tips and tricks, be sure to read the topics in the Finding People, Places, and Content section.
Tip: Browse the people and places that someone with similar interests follows by going to their profile page and click . This is a great way to find things you might also want to follow.
- Search for something specific:
- Let the HDS Community finish your thought with its predictive searching feature. When you click the Spotlight search in the upper right and then start typing, the HDS Community will search everything in the community and return the most closely related items. You can scroll the Content list to find what you need. Or click something listed below People or Places.
- Browse for something more general:
There are a few ways you can browse people, places, and content, depending on how your community manager has set things up. To browse your own content and places you follow, click your avatar in the upper right and then Your Content or Your Places. Once you get there, you can use the options in the left sidebar to narrow the results by how they relate to you. For example, did you author the content? Did you participate in the discussion? Or, do you want to look at all content in the community?
You can also use the My Community section of the main navigation bar to access groups and spaces you follow, content you've authored, and items you've bookmarked.
To browse people, click Member Directory in the main navigation header. From there, you can sort people by your Followers, Org Chart, and so on, using the links in the left sidebar.
- Filter what you're browsing:
- Once you're browsing, you have even more sorting, filtering and keyword search options, including things like sort by date, filter by tags, or search specific text, which all help you find what you need as quickly as possible. For more on filtering, see Browse and Filter Content, People, and Places.
- Bookmark items:
- From any piece of content, you can create a bookmark by clicking Bookmarks in the main navigation bar. If you don't see your bookmarked item listed there, click Show all my bookmarks. Be sure to read Using Bookmarks to learn how to bookmark like a pro. from the upper right-hand menu. Later, to see the content you've bookmarked, just click My Community >
- See your History and Suggestions:
- You can look at your HDS Community browsing history by clicking the Spotlight Search at the top right and then selecting History. If you don't see what you need from the list, click Show all my recently viewed content. You can also click Suggestions to see your frequently viewed items.