This is service template to configure SAN zoning on Brocade SAN Switch based on allocation result of "Allocate Volumes" service of HAD.
This service template picks LUN Path information(e.g. HBA port WWN, Storage port WWN) from output property of "Allocate Volumes' services, and configure wwn zoning based on the information. So this service template needs to be used with the service.
This service template will create zone per host, so multiple zone will be created if allocating volumes to multiple hosts, and all WWNs regarding LUN Path to same host will be included in same zone.
But if you would like to create zone with different granularity, you need to customize this service template.
|Version||File||Description||Template ID||Vendor ID||HAD version||Created date|
|01.00.00||Download||Initial implementation||configureWwnZoningForBrocadeSwitch||hds||V8.2.0-01||Sep 9, 2015|
How to use
As following step of "Allocate Volumes" service
- Import the service template
- Create new service template with "Allocate Volumes" service template and this service template, or edit service template including "Allocate Volumes" service template.
- Connect "Allocate Volumes" service template with this service template
- Specify output property "Task Results Raw Data LUN Paths" of "Allocate Volumes" service as input property "LUN Path Information" of this service. This is needed to configure zoning based on allocation result.
- In service edit screen, specify SAN Switch information such as IP address, login username/password, configuration name on the switch. This service template login to switch by using SSH.
Demo movies in following page will help you to understand overall sequence. See section #5.
The specified item was not found.
See this document for detail configuration of this service template.
There are two layers in this service template.
Upper layer is to check LUN path information and to login to SAN switch and to logout. Actual configuration is done in lower layer.
To login SAN Switch, this service template is using Terminal Connect Plug-in. To logout from SAN Switch, this service template is using Terminal Disconnect Plug-in.
Lower layer has logic to configure wwn zoning per LUN path, this is called repeatedly to configure wwn for all LUN paths. To execute command on SAN Switch, this service template is using Terminal Command Plug-in.
SAN Switch Command
This service template execute following command to configure wwn zoning. See Brocade's official document for detail.
|cfgcreate||Create configuration on SAN Switch with zone name|
|zonecreate||Create zone with zone name and host (HBA) port WWN|
|zoneadd||Add storage port WWN to the zone created above|
|cfgshow||Check existence of configuration and zone. If not exists, create configuration with above command|
|zoneshow||Check existence of zone. If not exist, create zone with above command|