Block the front end module
- Start the maintenance utility.
- In the Maintenance Utility window, click Hardware > Controller Chassis.
- Click the CHBs tab.
- In the Status column, confirm that Warning appears for the CHB you want to replace.
- In the left column, click the front end module you want to change or replace.
- Click Block.
- Verify that the front end module is blocked.
- Leave the Replace Channel Board window open. Do not click Restore.
Add the front end module
- Disconnect the optical fiber cable from the front end module.
- Loosen the two blue screws that secure the front end module.
- Hold the blue screw, and then gently remove the front end module from the slot.
- Orient the new front end module as shown in the following figure.
- Insert the module all the way into the slot, and then use the two blue screws at the end of the module to secure.
- Confirm that the red STATUS LED on the front end module is off.
- Connect the optical fiber cable to the new front end module.
Unblock the front end module
- At the Replace Channel Board window, click Restore. A progress bar shows the replacement status.
- After the system recovers (up to 20 minutes) and the completion message appears, click Close.
- Click the CHBs tab in the Controller Chassis window.
- Confirm that the status of the new front end module is Normal. If necessary, click Refresh at the top-right of the window to update the status in the window.
- Log out and close the Maintenance Utility window.