Note: System specifications and best practices can change. Be sure to use the latest user guides or the latest product training before you perform the task.
This is a tip for setting up Device Manager-Storage Navigator (HDvM-SN) from HCS.
1. Add DNS server on a VSP G200/400/600/800 system.
2. Verify the HCS host name is resolvable by the storage system.
3. Disable the Windows firewall on the HCS system.
4. Update the following HCS property: <HCS-installation-folder>DeviceManager\HiCommandServer\config\server.properties
[Property name and setting value]
- server.client.access.hostname.HM800=<IP address of the Device Manager>
- client.discover.hm800=true should be in <HCS-installation-folder>DeviceManager\HiCommandServer\config\client.propertie
5. Restart HCS