A stream shows you real-time updates of activity as people interact with content, people, and places in the HDS Community. You can see all public activity in the Activity Stream, or create your own custom streams that show only the people, places, and content items you select.
You'll see a new stream item as people interact in your community, for example, create a document, reply to a blog post, ask a question, and so on.
A stream item is created when people interact with content, people, and places in the community. Here are some examples of activities that trigger new stream items:
- Content: someone modifies the content item, for example, edits, comments on, or replies to it.
- People: someone posts a status update, creates a content item, comments on a content item, and so on.
- Places: someone updates content in the place, for example, publishes a new document, edits a blog post, or comments on a document that lives in the place.
There are a few different levels of Attention Streams to help you focus your attention where you want it:
- Inbox: these are the updates on the items that matter the most to you. Someone has specifically @ mentioned you, answered your question, commented on one of your posts, etc.
- Custom Streams: you can set up your own streams to reflect specific areas of interest. Do you want to see just the Data Protection updates in one stream and Cloud in another? You can make that happen (seeCreating Custom Streams help article)
- Connections: this will, by default, show you all of the updates from the people, places, and content you choose to follow.
- Activity: this shows you all of the updates from across the entire HDS Community
Creating Custom Streams
Follow these easy steps to create your own customized streams.
- Click on New Stream and enter a name for this stream, for example, Everything Cloud, Data Protection Experts, Data Center Advisors, and so on.
- Drag and drop items from the Suggested People and Places in the right column, or use the Search box to find specific items you want to follow in this stream.
- Select whether you want to receive an email every time there is a new item in this stream ().
- To save this new stream, click Done.
Tip: If you were already following any of those People or Places in another stream, like Connections, uncheck that box at the same time you add them to your new Custom stream so that you don't receive duplicate updates.