- Impact Metrics allow the author of content to understand how many people are reading her posts, how well that content is being received, even who has read it.
- Who can see Impact Metrics?
- The content author and everyone with admin rights on that content can see its Impact Metrics. If you are the content author, you can choose to let everyone in the community see your impact metrics on any piece of content by
going to the sidebar and mouse over the calculated metrics. When you see the edit icon (a pencil), click it and select >Make these Impact Metrics public.
- What types of content show Impact Metrics?
- Blogs and documents show Impact Metrics, but for new content only. So if your community has been recently upgraded to include this feature, all content created before the upgrade cannot be tracked with Impact Metrics.
There are two views of Impact Metrics: summary and detailed. The summary view highlights the calculated metrics for global reach, impact, and sentiment. The detailed view provides calculated metrics shown in the summary plus an email metric, a graph of social actions that contribute to the metrics, and details about viewers and referrers.
The summary view of calculated metrics lives in the sidebar of your published content:
When you click View More, you see the detailed view of Impact Metrics.
Looking at the Detailed View
The Impact Metrics detailed view shows a graph with number of Views, Viewers, Comments, Likes, Shares, and Bookmarks of your content by date. It also gives you the calculated metrics, which are global reach, impact, sentiment, and email. Use these metrics to see how your content is being received in the community. If you want to see who's looking at your content and who's generating interest in it, look at the Viewers list and Referrers list.
Adjust what you see by changing report dates or viewing department participation for each metric:
Change Report Dates
You can adjust the report dates in the top left corner of the detailed Impact Metrics graph. Either enter a custom date range that focuses on a specific period of time, or select a preconfigured report period that shows the first 7, 30, or 60 days of publishing the content.
Note: Impact Metrics are real time, so expect to see new viewers right way.
- Shows how your audience reacts to your content by looking at their social actions, such as Bookmarks, Comments, Likes, Shares, and Views.
- Global Reach
- Conveys how widely viewed your content is in your community. We use a calculation based on number of registered users, and include web and mobile views only. This calculation does not include those following content via email.
- Indicates how well your content resonates with your audience. Content can achieve Neutral, Good, or Excellent sentiment based on social action and views.
- Counts how many email notifications are provided when you update the content.