WELCOME TO THE HITACHI VANTARA COMMUNITY!
The purpose of this community is to provide a safe place for peer-to-peer conversations to occur in a friendly environment. Hitachi Vantara employees are here too to ensure value for you, our customers and partners, by assimilating and hosting the information and answers you need, when you need them.
We expect all visitors and members of this community to be courteous, treat others with respect, be helpful, share your experiences, and be your real self! See the fine print.*
This is your community but it is an extension of the Hitachi Spirit at Hitachi Vantara.
Please read the complete code of conduct before participating.
*The fine print
The Hitachi Vantara Community Governance Board and the Community Manager reserve the right to quarantine or delete content that is offensive or inappropriate to affected stakeholders and members.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Hitachi Vantara Community is a space of intelligent conversations done with respect and trust, with zero tolerance to any form of harassment.
Be courteous. Have an opinion, but don't attack others with hurtful or unprofessional remarks. Be professional but have some fun too.
Stay on topic. Post your content in the correct area. If you don’t know where to post, try searching first on key terms or simply consider posting it in the Off-Topic group.
Be helpful to new members. Many valued contributors start out by feeling their way around a site. Even if the question seems obvious to you, please treat others with respect when responding.
Do not post offensive content. Hitachi Vantara expects users will not post any materials that fall into any of the following categories:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others or are inflammatory, harassing, obscene, defamatory, libelous, illegal, threatening, hateful, or embarrassing to any person or entity. Posting ***********, nudity, profanity and word substitutions is forbidden.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, misleading or unlawful material or information.
- Promotional, advertising, "chain letters", spam or unlawful material or information
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of other computers.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Do not post words, jokes, or comments based on an individual’s gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or religion. A general rule of thumb: if you are interested in posting or quoting from an email publicly, please check with that member first.
Harassment and threats will be reported to the proper authorities. Please mark content as “Abuse” and report to the community manager, Community@HitachiVantara.com.
Respect copyright. Do not plagiarize or post any images or other content from another source unless you are sure it is in the public domain or that the owner has granted permission. Check website terms of service to see if the site has rules about when you may reproduce content.
Respect the law. Adhere to internet laws, regulations in the country, state, and local jurisdictions where business is being conducted.
Respect your fellow community members – Obscenity, ethnic slurs, insults or comments attacking one’s religion, politics or sexual orientation will not be permitted.
Correct mistakes promptly.
Adhere to the Hitachi Vantara Community recommended "Community House Rules". Disregard of these policies and guidelines may result in one or more of the following consequences:
- The offensive item is removed.
- The offender is given a warning.
- The offender's account is suspended and/or removed.
All content and opinions within the Hitachi Vantara Community are those of the individuals who post them, not Hitachi Vantara.
Hitachi Vantara Community House Rules
(1) Play nicely with others
(2) Act in good faith
- Don’t pilfer material — Don’t publish content to which you have no rights. Period. Full stop.
- This site exists to support an organic and communal body of information
- Where you do find good material and wish to share it, reference the original source or author/s where ever possible. Linking is ideal as it skirts the need to keep the content in sync and avoids any issues with IP ownership.
(3) Promote the community spirit
- Share the experience —Be an ambassador of the community by enrolling others in the discussion, sponsoring a good debate, and setting a good, collaborative example. Because community administrators will review all comments and remove any that are inappropriate or offensive.
- This community is intended to provide a place for peers to discuss the Hitachi Vantara products and solutions. In fact, we encourage you to crowdsource content together.
(4) Approach this with the spirit of a contributor
- Contribute and edit - Instead of complaining about what's not here or expecting someone else to provide what you don't have, start with the material that is here. Make it better. Create a derivative document. Start a discussion to gather information to build a document.
(5) Keep confidential specific details out
- Scrub confidential details from documents before posting. This is meant to be a repository of recommended practices and a community for collaboration.
If you have any questions about this document please email us at Community@HitachiVantara.com.