Skip navigation

Recent Activity

Hu Yoshida
Recently FINRA fined an investment firm $17m for inadequate investigation of anti-money laundering “red flags”, during a period 2006 to 2014 when they had significant growth in their business. Their successful growth was not accompanied by the growth in systems to assure compliance. They had patch work solutions for large volumes of data resulting… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Today May 12, there has been a massive denial of service attack that began with the NHS system in the UK which affected dozens of hospitals, and spread to six continents affecting an estimated 75,000 machines!   According to gizmodo.com “Unknown attackers deployed a virus targeting Microsoft servers running the file sharing protocol Server… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Airlines told to "be prepared" for an expanded ban on carry-on electronic devices allowed on airplanes.   On February 2, 2016, an explosive that was hidden in a laptop exploded 20 minutes into the flight of a Somali airlines plane. It blew a hole in the airplane, but since it had not reached cruising altitude, the plane was able to return to the… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Last month two Harvard researchers stunned the experts with the discovery of a second parchment copy of the United States Declaration of Independence in the UK’s West Sussex Records Office. They tracked down the manuscript and confirmed its provenance.   Provenance is the history of the ownership and transmission of an object. In the world of art… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
This past week I visited several customers in different business verticals. One was an energy and power company, another was an insurance company and the others were in media and entertainment. A common theme in all these meetings was digital transformation and the disruption it is causing in all these sectors. The disruption was not so much about… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
  “The year of the Rooster teaches the lessons of order, scrutiny and strategic planning.”   Every year at this time I along with many other bloggers try to identify the coming trends for the following year. While there are many analysts like IDC and Forrester who provide predictions that go out to 2020 and beyond. I only identify IT trends that… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
In the past I have blogged about Fintech companies that are disrupting the financial markets, by offering banking services with more consumer efficiency, lower costs, and greater speed than traditional financial companies. Fintechs have been a catalyst for traditional banks to search for solutions to automate their services in order to compete. In… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
The Hitachi Data Systems’ object based storage (OBS) solution HCP (Hitachi Content Platform) has earned another analyst assessment as a leader in the Object Based Storage (OBS) Market. In addition to being named a leader in IDC’s MarketScape: Worldwide Object-Based Storage 2016 Vendor Assessment and Gartner’s 2016 Critical Capabilities For Object… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
In my trends for 2017, I called out the movement to a centralized data hub for better management, protection and governance of an organization’s data.   “2017 The year of the Rooster teaches the lessons of order, scrutiny and strategic planning.”   Data is exploding and coming in from different sources as we integrate IT and OT, and data is… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
  Competitors who lack the engineering capability to design their own flash devices use standard SSDs that were designed for the high volume commodity PC and server markets. These competitors are trying to create FUD around our purpose built enterprise flash module, FMD, claiming that the offload process causes significant backplane issues and… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Load more items