Skip navigation

Recent Activity

Hu Yoshida
According to Wikipedia, Serverless computing is a cloud computing model in which the cloud service provider dynamically manages the allocation of machine resources. Serverless computing still requires servers. The name "serverless computing" is used because the server management and capacity planning decisions are completely hidden from the… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
This week I had the opportunity to hear Michael Sherwood, Director of Technology and Innovation for the city of Las Vegas talk about the IoT innovations that he helped implement there. For Michael, IoT is less about the technology and more about the outcome in terms of making the city safer, smarter, healthier and saving money for the city through… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Digital transformation revolves around our ability to modernize our data center because that is where our data resides. The data center is no longer a physical location. It extends beyond the walls of the enterprise, to the cloud, and to the edge where new data is being generated and analyzed. Data holds the key to our success in this new digital… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
The Silicon Valley Business Journal recently announced their list of the 2018 Women of Influence. We were pleased to see them recognize our CIO,  Renée McKaskle.  Renée is representative of the many women who have a significant role in driving business and social outcomes at Hitachi Vantara. For this blog post I thought that I would mention just a… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Deloitte Insights and Forbes Insights are sponsoring an upcoming webinar: The Fourth Industrial Revolution is Here - Are you Ready? on Thursday, April 12 at 02:00PM EDT (11:00AM PDT). (Click here to attend and calendar this event) At this webinar you will have the opportunity to interact with Dr. Mark Cotteleer, Managing Director of Deloitte's… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Nowhere are regulations more complex and difficult to comply with, than in the Financial Services sector where levels of regulations and the focus on data and reporting constantly increases. New business models, driven by FinTechs, technology driven financial companies, are disrupting the regulatory practice with innovative new ways of doing… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
There is a good probability that you or someone you know has diabetes. The World Health organization believes that an estimated 8.8 percent of the adult population worldwide had diabetes. This figure is projected to rise to 9.9 percent by the year 2045. Type-2 diabetes is the most prevalent form of diabetes and affects more people as the… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Last week Hitachi Vantara Labs announced Machine Learning Model Management To accelerate model deployment and reduce business risk. This innovation provides machine learning orchestration to help data scientists monitor, test, retrain and redeploy supervised models in production. These new tools can be used in a data pipeline built in Pentaho to… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Back in November 2014 I posted a blog on how “Controlling your explosion of copies may be your biggest opportunity to reduce costs”. I quoted a study by Laura DuBois of IDC which reported that 65% of external storage systems capacity is used to store non-primary data such as snapshots, clones, replicas, archives, and backup data. This was up from… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Over the past year there has been a surge in reports of data breaches from Amazon S3 buckets that were left accessible online, exposing private information from all sorts of companies and their customers. The list of high profile victims includes, Accenture, Booz Allen Hamilton, Dow Jones, Time Warner, Tesla, TSA, Verizon, and the U.S. National… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Load more items