Skip navigation

Recent Activity

Hu Yoshida
2017 was a watershed year for digital transformation. It wasn’t a year of major technology breakthroughs, but it was a year in which many of us began to change the way we use technology. Cloud adoption increased and more applications were being developed for it. Increasingly, corporate executives were more committed to and investing in digital… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
  Internet companies like Google and twitter have unprecedented agility and scale and the secret to this is the use of containers. Everything at Google runs in containers from Gmail to YouTube to Search. Each week they spin up over two billion containers. Actually, this isn’t a secret, since most of this is open source. While the concept of… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
This week I was in Cape Town, South Africa to attend AfricaCom and present what Hitachi Vantara is doing in IoT.  It was very eye opening for me to see the localization that would be required for IoT in this part of the world. While the Sub-Saharan region of Africa is composed of many countries with varying rates of employment, the average… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Last week I was presenting our IoT platform, Lumada to a delegation from one of the Northern states of India. Hitachi’s Lumada IoT platform provides a complete software platform based on Hitachi’s expertise in building both IT systems and OT systems that power many businesses. A core component of the Lumada IoT platform is the asset avatar where… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Brian Householder, Hitachi Vantara’s President and COO sat down with Dave Vellante of the CUBE at Pentaho World this week to answer questions about Vantara and our operating model. Prior to his current role, Brian held a similar role at Hitachi Data Systems (HDS), which integrated Hitachi Data Systems with the Pentaho organization and Hitachi… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Two of the question I get from Hitachi Data Systems customers that I have known for many years are “Why the Name change? And What does Vantara mean?” I had that discussion again this morning. There is a very good 7 minute video interview by Teri McClure and Mark Peters of ESG that answers these two questions through conversations with Asim… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
At 9:15 am PDT, on September 19, 2017, with a click of button, Higashihara-san, President and CEO of Hitachi Ltd unveiled the name of a new Hitachi Company; Hitachi Vantara at the Hitachi Next 2017 event in Las Vegas. We all know by now that this is a new company, combining the human resources and broad portfolio of innovation, development and… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Agile is a process methodology in which a cross functional team uses iteration and continuous feedback to successfully refine and deliver a process outcome. The Agile methodology has been developed in the world of software development over the past few decades where it has been paired with DevOps. Agile is mostly about process while DevOps is… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Digital transformation is impacting business and society on a worldwide basis. In the past most enterprises focused on the new technologies which were supposed to make us more productive. In reality according to the office of Economic Cooperation and Development, productivity in most countries, even in the most technologically advanced countries… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
One of the breakout presentations at Hitachi’s Next 2017 event in Las Vegas last month was on Fog Computing.   Sudhanshu Gaur, Director, Digital Solution Platform Lab Hitachi America started  the presentation by describing how an octopus has a distributed brain. Apparently an Octopus has separate brains in each tentacle besides the brain in his… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Load more items