Skip navigation

Recent Activity

Hu Yoshida
Researchers at the Queensland Brain Institute (QBI) work to discover the cellular and molecular mechanisms that underlie the ability of the adult brain to generate new nerve cells and form functional connections.  A research team from the Queensland Brain Institute in Australia is working on a breakthrough treatment for Alzheimer’s disease, a form… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
In my last few blogs I have been writing about some of the topics that will be covered at Hitachi’s NEXT 2017 event in Las Vegas on September 19 and 20. With this event we hope to show the business world that we are more than just an IT infrastructure company. We are in a digital revolution and we want to show how businesses can innovate and win… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Last week I posted a blog on New Data Sources and Usage Requires New Data Governance where I referred to Forrester researcher, Henry Peyret’s work on researching the need for Data Governance 2.0. He points out the need for adopting to a new data governance framework based upon the new types of data and uses driven by new systems of engagement,… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
When we talk about Digital Transformation we often talk about the integration of IT and OT as though it is a given. We want to integrate machine data with transaction data to gain better insights into the total business and provide better goods and services. We need to stop and think about what that means and what that entails. We need to start… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Just over 10 years ago we were looking at two types of data, structured and unstructured data. Anticipating the explosion of unstructured data Hitachi began the development of object storage with rich meta data capabilities to handle the management, search, and governance of massive amounts of data that could no longer be handled by traditional… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Suppose that you are a cool young man strolling on the beach and notice a hot young lady who wants a cold bottle of water. A cold bottle of water is available for a price, but the young lady obviously does not have any money on her person.   The chivalrous young man would like to help but he also does not have any money to pay for the water. You… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Our Chief Technology Strategist Greg Knieriemen recently interviewed Christian Renaud, Research Director of 451 Research’s IoT practice, and Rob Tiffany, our Chief Technology Officer and Global Product Manager for Hitachi’s Lumada IoT platform, who joined us this year from Microsoft where he was the Global Technology Lead for IoT. The topic was… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Last year I was on a CNN Future Cities Panel in Singapore along with a member of the Singapore government and several startup companies. There the topic of blockchain came up and one of the participants made the assessment than blockchain was a solution looking for a problem, partly in response to all the hype about blockchain at that time and the… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Digital transformation is a journey that will continue to evolve over time. During this time there will be exponential changes in technologies, an even greater explosion in information, and new business models that will need to be integrated into this transformation in order for it to be sustainable. The platforms we choose for transformation must… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
I have been out sick for the last two weeks due to a stomach bug. Never missed as much work before in my life. It was so bad I went to acute care twice for an IV. During this time between bouts of fitful sleep and trips to the bathroom, I listened to the TV news which was even more depressing with escalating nuclear threats, opioid explosion,… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Load more items