Hitachi is a well-known player when it comes to power transmission & distribution (T&D) sector in Japan, but for some participants at DistribuTECH, held in San Diego Convention Center (31-Jan-2 Feb), the breadth of Hitachi’s offerings was a new discovery. So it was a great opportunity for Hitachi’s energy people from Hitachi America, Ltd., Energy Solution Division (ESD), Hitachi Consulting Corporation (HCC), Hitachi Chemical, Hitachi T&D Solution and the Global Center for Social Innovation-North America (CSI-NA) to get together to coordinate the display of our solutions at this year’s DistribuTECH, which attracted 13,500 participants from 77 countries, 20% higher than last year!
As hoped for, the Hitachi booth generated quite a bit of interest. From CSI-NA, researchers demonstrated MicroGrid, Wind Forecasting and Distribution Operation &Maintenance Optimization collaborated with HCC, as well as Predictive Analytics.
A brief introduction of the energy solutions, below:
(1) MicroGrid: Integrate distributed energy resources to balance demand & supply for customers who want to
- realize economically efficient and commercially viable solution managing demand and supply
- accelerate Microgrid deployment by offering integrated energy system.
(2) Wind Forecasting: Independent Power Producers (IPP) need to predict the amount of power that can be expected from renewable sources. CSI-NA provides machine learning based solutions to predict power in 15 minute intervals for the next 24 hours. Hitachi is currently working with customers to create a data collection architecture based on Lumada.
(3) Predictive Analytics: Co-creation with customers using Hitachi advanced analytics for
- “Condition Monitoring” and “Asset Performance Optimization” to reduce cost and increase operational efficiencies for critical assets and
- “Predictive Maintenance” to prevent downtime from unexpected trouble and scheduled maintenance.
(4) Distribution Operation & Maintenance Optimization
- The “Optimized Asset Management” suite addresses the barriers that block the ability of utilities to obtain value from existing investment. The Hitachi product simplifies the preparation and blending of existing data, and includes a spectrum of tools to easily analyze, visualize, explore, report and predict. The product was built to ensure that utilities can easily translate data into actionable intelligence.
If you would like to learn more about our activity, please contact us through http://www.hitachi-america.us/rd/contact_us/